Sunday 14 May 2017

Reasoning: Syllogism  – NEW PATTERN


Direction (1-5): Each option contains some statements. Determine from which statements the given two conclusions follow.
1.                     Conclusions:
Some blue are yellow.
II. No pen is orange.
Statements:
A) No pen is blue. All blue are orange. Some orange are yellow.
B) No pen is blue. All orange are blue. Some orange are yellow.
C) All pens are blue. Some blue are orange. No orange is yellow.
D) Some pens are blue. All blue are orange. No orange is yellow.
E) None of these

2.                     Conclusions:
No red is green.
II. All green are blue is a possibility.
Statements:
A) Some blue are red. No yellow is red. All yellow are green.
B) Some blue are red. No yellow is red. All green are yellow.
C) All blue are red. No yellow is red. All green are yellow.
D) Some blue are red. Some yellow are red. No green is yellow.
E) None is correct

3.                     Conclusions:
Some clip are book
II. No page is pencil
Statements:
A) Some clip is pencil. Some pencil is book. No book is page.
B) Some clip is page. All page is book. No book is pencil.
C) All page is book. All pencil is clip. No book is pencil.
D) All book is page. No clip is page. All clip is pencil
E) None is correct

4.                     Conclusions:
Some pen are eraser.
II. All page are eraser is a possibility.
Statements:
A) Some eraser are scale. All scale are pen. No page is pen.
B) All eraser are scale. Some scale are pen. No page is pen.
C) Some eraser are scale. No scale is pen. Some page are scale.
D) All eraser are scale. Some eraser are pen. No page is scale.
E) None is correct

5.                     Conclusions:
All rupee are pound is a possibility.
II. No yen is rupee.
Statements:
A) Some pound are yen. All yen are won. No yen is dollar. Some dollar are rupee.
B) All pound are yen. Some yen are won. No rupee is yen. All dollar are rupee.
C) All pound are yen. All yen are won. No pound is dollar. Some dollar are rupee.
D) Some pound are yen. All yen are won. No rupee is won. Some dollar are rupee.
E) None is correct

Directions (6-10): In each of the questions below, statements are given followed by three conclusions numbered I and II. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions do not follow from the given statements.
6.                     Statements: Some tigers are lions. All lions are rats. Some rats are horses. No dog is lion.
Conclusions:
I. No dogs is rats
II. Some horses are tigers.
A) only I follows
B) only II follows
C) either I or II follows
D) neither I nor II follow
E) both I and II follow

7.                     Statements: Some white are red. All red are blue. Some blue are green. All green are orange.
Conclusions:
I. Some green are not white
II. All green being red is a possibility.
A) only I follows
B) only II follows
C) either I or II follows
D) neither I nor II follow
E) both I and II follow

8.                     Statements: All cats are monkeys. Some monkeys are tigers. No tiger is dog. Some dogs are lions.
Conclusions:
I. All tigers are cats is a possibility.
II. All tigers are lions is a possibility.
A) only I follows
B) only II follows
C) either I or II follows
D) neither I nor II follow
E) both I and II follow

9.                     Statements: Some dogs are bats. No bat is rabbit. All frogs are rabbits. Some dogs are lions.
Conclusions:
I. Some dogs are frogs
II. No dog is frog
A) only I follows
B) only II follows
C) either I or II follows
D) neither I nor II follow
E) both I and II follow


10.                 Statements: All files are pages. No page is scale. Some scales are pencils
Conclusions:
I. Some pages are files
II. Some pencils are not pages
A) only I follows
B) only II follows
C) either I or II follows
D) neither I nor II follow
E) both I and II follow




SOLUTION 




1.       Option B
2.       Option B
Solution:
From B) All green are yellow.+ No yellow is red=> All No=No=> No green is red or No red is green
All green are yellow.+ No yellow is red+ Some red is blue =>{All+No} +Some=> No+ Some= Some not reversed=Some blue are not green=> All green being blue is a possibility is true
3.      Option B
Solution:

In B) For I. Some clip is page. All page is book. => Some + All= Some=> Some clip is book.
For II. All + No = No=> No page is pencil
4.      Option A 
Solution:
From A) Some eraser are scale. All scale are pen. => Some+ All= Some => Some Pens are eraser
Some eraser are scale. All scale are pen +No pen is page={Some + All} + No=Some + No = Some Not= Some eraser are not Page. Hence all page being eraser is a possibility is true
5.      Option D
6.      Option D
7.      Option B
8.      Option E
9.        Option C
10.   Option E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly